Monday, January 27, 2014

Greenhouse repairs

Because of naughty children with rocks, I found myself needing to do some repairs for our greenhouse.

I highly recommend Sun-Tuf for greenhouses. It's good stuff, but make sure you have some good tin snips. It's hard to cut through the corrugation without them. I still need one more sheet (Guessing at the store just doesn't cut it), but the greenhouse isn't hemorrhaging heat at least.



Additionally I also added a couple of shop lights running full spectrum bulbs. After fixing the broken acrylic, the temperature in the greenhouse has increased significantly, but I do hope to get it warmer in there still. Sadly the baseboard heater on the wall doesn't work (nor do the lights up top).

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see all the sprouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment